Membership is now OPEN
PROCESS of JOINING:
- You will send an EMAIL to the membership officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Want Membership and in the email please leave your FULL NAME, MOBILE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and explain who wants to join and what type of membership.
- The membership officer will send you an APPLICATION FORM which is to be filled out IN CAPITALS. If you are applying for more than one person, then EACH person is to have a SEPARATE application form.
- You will send the APPLICATION FORM back to the membership officer at email@example.com with the Subject Line: Membership FORM
- After the membership officer is satisfied that EVERYTHING is COMPLETED on the form and that the membership officer can READ everything, then the membership officer will present your request to the Committee. The Committee meets every month.
- If the Committee accepts your membership, then the membership officer will send you a request for payment. If the Committee does not accept your membership, you will be sent an email stating that membership was not accepted.
- After the membership officer confirms that you have paid, then the membership officer will enter you as a member and INVITE you to REGISTER. ONLY after REGISTRATION, which is your act of accepting membership of the club, are you officially a member of the club. (Without registration, you cannot book a court.)
CURRENT FEES until 30/6/23
- Adult membership $35
- Full Time Student membership $25
- Junior membership $20
- Family membership $94
- Associate membership $14
|July 1st to June 30th||Adult||Full Time Student||Junior||Family||Associate Adult/Student/Junior||Non-playing|
Adult: over 18 years [as at 1st July]; full voting rights.
Full Time Student: a full time student over 18 years and under 26 years [as at 1st July] with proof of status; no voting rights.
Junior: under 18 years [as at 1st July]; no voting rights.
Family: consists of 2 adults and 2 or more juniors, providing that they are from the same family;
Associate Adult/Student/Junior: Night Competition Only. Maximum of 5 competition matches per season, at a cost of $56 per year or as fixed. The objective for this category is to stop teams from forfeiting and encourage people to join the club. No entitlements to Club Championships, social tennis, night social tennis or voting rights.;
Non-Playing Member: This category does not have voting rights.
Access to Courts and Clubhouse
Members are able to use the club facilities at any time during daylight hours and at night, by arrangement, although courts may be reserved for competitions or special events at different times. (See the court schedule towards the end of this document.) There will be times when no-one is at the Club. Adult members may obtain a gate key to the courts (refundable deposit of $20 + $10 fee for the key.) Juniors must always be accompanied by an Adult, or they may use the courts when other Adult members are in attendance.
Organised social tennis is available:-
- Monday morning from 9:00am
- Thursday mornings from 9.00am.
- Saturday afternoon from 1:00pm
- Sunday morning from 9:00am
- Wednesday afternnon from 1:00pm.
- Thursday evenings (under lights) from 7.00pm – $5.00 per person to cover lights. Visitors must also pay visitors fees, $6.00 in addition to lighting fee.
There is no organised social tennis on public holidays or during school holidays.
The Club participates in competitions of various Associations on the following days:-
Junior – Saturday and Sunday mornings (Seasons start in October and May each year)
Senior – Night tennis – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
– Mid-Week Ladies – Tuesday mornings.
– Saturday pm WDTA competition
Please notify the Junior Convenor if your child would like to play regular competition. Members wishing to play competition tennis should write their names on the clubhouse notice board prior to each season. Night tennis competition lists are also posted on the clubhouse notice board prior to the commencement of each season.
The Club has a licensed bar, from which a variety of drinks may be purchased. It is used for Club functions or may be opened by a committee member or a Captain of a night team during competition play. Under the terms of the licence only alcohol purchased from the bar may be consumed on the premises.
Our newsletter goes out to all members who have email address and is placed on the Club Website, informing them of Club activities. Applicants are encouraged to provide an email address to enable efficient cost effective communications.
Members may invite visitors to play on the Club courts. Visitors must be accompanied by a Club member who is required to enter the relevant details in the visitor’s book and see that the appropriate fee is paid. Adults $6.00 and Juniors $4.00. Visitor’s Fees and or Light Fees are to be placed in an envelope with your name and the reason for payment on the envelope, and the envelope placed in the GREY letterbox in the kitchen or the slot in the white part of the glass door. Electronic Payments with your name and the reason for payment to Eley Park Tennis Club Inc. Bendigo Bank BSB: 633-000 A/c. No. 142851468
Tennis for Everyone, run by ClCoach, Geoff Summers, (Mob. 0437 744 577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) provides professional coaching and tennis development. Whether you are seeking ANZ Tennis Hot Shots. group lessons, Fitbit Cardio Tennis, junior development classes, squad/competition training or a private lesson, Tennis for Everyone can tailor a class/session to suit you and your tennis goals. School holiday clinics and tournaments are available at the end of each term. Racquet restringing, repairs and customising, racquet demonstrations and sales as well as tennis accessories are also available.
Correct tennis attire and correct shoes are required to be worn at all times while playing on our courts.
Care of Courts
The courts should be bagged after the completion of the day’s play.
Care of Clubhouse
Adults, Student, Associate and visiting team members may make use of the tea and coffee facilities, and are required to wash, dry and put away cups etc. after use. If last to leave, please ensure that heaters, fans, clubhouse and toilet lights and barbeque light are switched off and all doors are locked. No Junior member is to remain in the clubhouse on their own; there must always be an Adult member present.
A telephone is available in the clubhouse for members’ convenience – 50 cents a call. HONOUR SYSTEM APPLIES. Currently the Club is substantially out of pocket with the cost of the telephone SO PLEASE PAY. The number of the clubhouse is 9888 8793.
A maintenance committee does the majority of our court and grounds maintenance; however several times a year we hold member working bees. Attendance at three (3) of these working bees will exempt the member from paying the maintenance levy component of their next year’s annual subscription.Currentlythe amount is $25 for Adults and $10 for Juniors. (Family members must have more than one person present at the working bees.)
Conditions of play
Juniors may play socially on the courts only when an adult is in attendance, or when other Adult club members are present. Please do not send Juniors to the courts by themselves. Parents are responsible for their child’s well being and should be present when they play tennis, or a designated adult with whom you have arranged to supervise your child. No one can predict what can happen to your child while you are not present, so please err on the side of caution, as our children are our future.
No court can be monopolised by two players when all courts are full and other members are waiting to play, except during competition. Four players shall not occupy a court for more than eight games when other members are waiting to play and all courts are occupied, except during competition.
A mains pressure gas B.B.Q. is available for the use of members. Please clean up after use. This is lit by a floodlight so that it may also be used at night.
Playing Times And Courts Allocation Guidelines
|No. of Courts used||Time|
|Social tennis available for all members||2-4 courts||9:00am to 1:00pm|
|Junior Competition||2-4 courts||8:00am to 12:00pm|
|Coaching||1 court||8:15am to 4:00pm|
|Coaching||1 court||9:00am to 12:00pm|
|Mixed Social||3 courts||9:00am to 12:00pm|
|Night Competition||4 courts||7:00pm to 12:00am|
|Coaching||1 court||4:00pm to 7:00pm|
|Midweek Ladies competition||6 courts||9:30am to 2:00pm|
|Coaching||3 courts||4:00pm to 7:00pm|
|Night competition||6 courts||7:00pm to 11:00pm|
|Coaching||1-2 courts||9:30am to 10:30am|
|Coaching||2-3 courts||4:00pm to 8:30pm|
|Night competition||6 courts||7:00pm to 11:00pm|
|Men’s Social||4-6 courts||1:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Midweek mixed organised social||5 courts||9:00am to 1:00pm|
|Coaching||1 court||9:00am to 12:00pm|
|Coaching||1 court||4:00pm to 9:30pm|
|Night competition||4 courts||7:00pm to 11:00pm|
|Men’s social||3 courts||7:00pm to 11:00pm|
|No specific bookings|
|Junior competition||8 courts||8:00am to 12:00pm|
|WDTA competition||4 courts||1:00pm to 6:00pm|
|Organized social||2 courts||1:00pm to 5:00pm|
Night Social Bookings
Courts are available for night social bookings under lights. Bookings are made through the Night Tennis Booking Officer (currently contact the Kevin Graham 9803 7073 email@example.com).
SOCIAL NIGHT TENNIS COURT HIRE GUIDELINES
The Management Committee has set down the following guidelines in respect of court use, fees and supervision requirements:-
1. Courts will be hired to club members only, although members who have booked courts may invite visitors. Normal visitors’ fees to be paid in addition to night court light fee of $5 per person. All court booking fees are to be paid to booking officer (currently Kevin Graham).
Visitor’s Fees and Light Fees are to be placed in an envelope with your name and the reason for payment on the envelope, and the envelope placed in the GREY letterbox in the kitchen or the slot in the white part of the glass door. Electronic Payments with your name and the reason for payment to Eley Park Tennis Club Inc. Bendigo Bank BSB: 633-000 A/c. No. 142851468
2. Court lighting hire fee for members is $10.00 per hour per court. The fee charged covers the period the courts are hired, not from the actual time the lights are first switched on. Minimum period for which a court can be hired is ONE hour.
Visitors Fees – Adults $6.00 and Juniors $4.00
3. Bookings will be accepted on first come, first serve basis.
Members are expected to keep their bookings and will be charged whether they attend or not, unless weather does not permit play or adequate prior notice of cancellation is given.
4. Correct tennis dress and footwear is to be worn at all times.
5. Normal conditions for supervision of Juniors apply.
6. Keys must be returned to the booking officer on conclusion of play.
7. The hours that courts may be booked/hired are generally as follows:-
Daylight Saving……….8pm –11pm Outside Daylight Saving Time……….6pm – 11pm
Please contact Kevin Graham 9803 7073 firstname.lastname@example.org for access to light keys.
Exclusive Coaching Contract
Concern has been expressed to the committee that some members are conducting semi-professional coaching at the club. The Committee would like to remind all members that Eley Park Tennis Club has a Club Professional Coach, Geoff Summers, who is available for a wide range of tennis coaching and related services, including ANZ Tennis Hot Shots, Cardio Tennis, group lessons, private lessons and tennis equipment repairs and sales. Players of all ages from 3yo to all adults are welcome. As part of the contract the Club has with Geoff, he has exclusive rights to all coaching conducted at Eley Park. Members are reminded that they are not to undertake any coaching activity except with members of their immediate family.
Reminder – Club Security
Would members please ensure that if they are the last to leave the tennis courts and/or the clubhouse that the door is locked and the padlock on the gate closed. This also applies to the gate lock at Court 6. This is the third time in the past few weeks that I have found the premises unlocked and next time it could be trashed which would incur maintenance expenses and lots of inconvenience to players.
The Defibrillator will be located in a metal cabinet near the entrance to the Clubhouse. The key for the padlock is keyed-alike to the gate key.
Many current and new members enquire about social tennis. We have opportunities on Wednesday afternoons, Thursday mornings & nights, Saturday afternoon. We are endeavouring to create a regular NIGHT SOCIAL on Wednesday nights, particularly in between night comp seasons. This is a great way to try our courts, get to know a few people and have “a good hit”. Visitors are charged the normal $6 visitor fee when accompanied by a member and everyone contributes a few dollars to cover the lights and balls.